Tax Matters

Rental income is liable to tax. If you are a UK based landlord, Marsdens Property Management will remit rental income to you gross, less fees and expenses. You are then responsible for your own tax affairs. Therefore if you are not accustomed to dealing with H M Revenue & Customs (HMR&C) or making annual tax returns, we strongly recommend that you employ an accountant on your behalf to deal with this for you.

Marsdens Property Management have teamed up with Thomas Wescott Chartered Accountants & Tax Advisers to provide our landlords with tax advise factsheets which may be downloaded using the link below.

Tax Info Sheet (PDF)

If you are living abroad, you may be considered to be an overseas landlord and required to register your status with HMR&C by completing an NRL1 Form. Marsdens Property Management will then add their details to your NRL1 form before submitting it to HMR&C on your behalf. Until such time as HMR&C confirm that a landlord is registered with them on this basis, Marsdens Property Management are legally obliged to deduct tax at the prevailing rate before remitting the balance to you.