Information for Tenants
Marsdens Property Management let properties in the North Devon area and have been doing so from our Braunton Office for over 30 years. All properties are let on a minimum six months Assured Shorthold Tenancy basis and are unfurnished.
Marsdens Property Management are a modern, innovative business who pride themselves in providing a professional service enhanced by the latest technology, whilst maintaining the core, old fashioned family values on which the business was built.
Any tenancy application is subject to the landlord approving all references. These will include financial referencing, credit checks and a reference from your landlord. All tenancies require the payment of the first month's rent in advance together with a deposit of an amount equal to five weeks' worth of the monthly rent. The deposit will be held in accordance with Government legislation in an approved deposit scheme. The deposit will be refunded in full at the end of the tenancy provided the property has been left in a clean and satisfactory condition.
If at the point of applying for a property you are not in employment then we will require 6 months rent to be paid in advance.
We require a refundable holding deposit of £100 (inclusive of VAT) for either a couple or single person. We request that the holding deposit be paid when you return the completed application form to us. Upon commencement of a tenancy, or if the landlord does not wish to proceed with the tenancy, the holding deposit will be refunded in full, to you.
All rents are payable monthly, in advance and are exclusive of council tax, water rates, gas, oil, electricity, telephone charges & TV licence unless otherwise stated. All subsequent rental payments must be paid by standing order. Full terms and conditions will be provided on your application form.
- All properties to let or coming soon are detailed on our Properties Page. Feel free to email us, phone us or pop into our office in Braunton to arrange a viewing.
- If you have already viewed a property and would like to apply to rent it, please contact us either via email email@example.com to request a registration form or on 01271 813711 and we can register your details and discuss your requirements over the phone.
- Please note that we are not able to take applications for house shares.
Our Fees for Tenants
- Setup fee including credit and reference checks
- Setup fees per additional tenant
- Persistent Late payment of Rent
£30 inclusive of VAT per late payment
- Deposit Protection
- Production of tenancy agreements
- Tenancy renewal fee
- Inventory, entry and exit
- Property Inspections/attendance
- Deposit Protection via "The Deposit Protection Service"
- Redress Scheme via "Property Redress Scheme"
This information is displayed as required by Section 83(4) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for properties let under an assured tenancy under the provisions of the Housing Act 1988
Please contact our friendly team for advice and more information on 01271 813 711, or email firstname.lastname@example.org